These roasted CBD chickpeas will add a healthy crunch to your snack lineup. Follow this recipe to chow down on delicious times.
Ever start looking for a snack and everything you choose seems to send off red flags?
You want crunchy, but chips are out. And let’s face it, celery only goes so far.
You want to satisfy your craving, but not too much fat or, at least, not the wrong fats. We are literally drowning in a sea of processed foods that add so many things we need to be avoiding.
So, what can you do?
Well, I am so glad you asked!
There is a flavor chameleon just waiting to be created. I’m talking about roasted chickpeas!
You want crunch? They deliver! You want sweet, okay! Savory? Right on! Salty? You know it! Spicy?? OH YEA!
These little protein powerhouses can be dressed up any way you like. Add a touch of CBD oil for added health benefits and you've got a super snack. So let’s get started!
Roasted CBD Chickpeas Ingredients
- 1 can chickpeas, drained rinsed and dried
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 45 drops Maku hemp CBD oil
**If you want sweet and spicy add one tablespoon brown sugar and ½ tablespoon Sriracha to the above and change the smoked paprika to sweet paprika.**
Roasted CBD Chickpeas Directions
These little beauties can be cooked in the oven or air fryer. For the oven, preheat to 400. Cooking time will be about 30 to 40 minutes. For the air fryer, preheat to 350. Cooking time will be about 12-15 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients, except CBD oil, in a mixing bowl.
- Coat chickpeas thoroughly.
- Give one a taste.
- Adjust seasoning to your liking.
- Place on cookie sheet with parchment if going into the oven.
- Stir about every 10 minutes until done. If going into the air fryer, stir every 4 minutes until done.
- Pull one out at the end of the cooling time, allow it to cool for a minute and taste. It should be crunchy without the mealy texture of canned chickpeas. Again, cook to your desired crunch. Do be careful though, once chickpeas have lost moisture, they will cook quickly, and you do not want them to burn.
- When they are at your perfect level of crispiness, remove them and allow them to cool.
- To serve as a snack, take the cooled chickpeas and place them in a mixing bowl.
- Drip hemp CBD oil all over the chickpeas and toss to coat evenly.
These can be enjoyed as a snack, substitute for croutons on salad, soup topper, or a textural topping on hummus. This recipe doubles easily, and is always delicious.
Now it’s time to smile, enjoy, and love those with whom you’re sharing time (and these delicious chickpeas)!
Follow our blog for more delicious CBD recipes.