This CBD-infused pimento cheese is perfect for a lovely spring picnic or a Sunday on the couch watching the Masters - this snack might even help your golf game! Best of all, the recipe is crazy easy to make.
How many times have you been eating and had a flashback to when you were a kid. Certain foods, certain recipes, and certain locations play into these wonderful experiences. They replay in our heads and flood our souls with warm memories.
There are foods that get woven into family gatherings, special occasions, and events. It’s crazy how some of these can be so basic and yet so satisfying.
One such food for me is pimento cheese! And I’m not the only one.
I have friends who love it because their family shared pimento cheese sandwiches while watching the Masters Golf Tournament. The southern-inspired pimento cheese sandwich has linked itself to golf history in much the same way as the mint julep is tied to the Kentucky Derby. Where, for a few days in Augusta, Georgia, you can snag a pimento sandwich for a handful of change.
However, for me it was more about childhood picnics and outings. More recently, that’s become family vacations with friends, where pimento cheese sandwiches have resurfaced as a staple. And I love to see the variations in this dish — how each family has their own version.
For this pimento cheese recipe I add in CBD oil to create a calming and delicious version of the classic that's perfect for your next gathering, be it the Masters or a picnic. Relive some old memories while creating a few new ones! If you’ve never had pimento cheese, you're in for a treat!
CBD-Infused Pimento Cheese Ingredients
- 6 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese - Packaged is okay, but shredding your own is better.
- 1 cup softened cream cheese
- ¾ cup mayonnaise - Let your region be your guide – Dukes, Hellmann’s … it’s up to you. I prefer homemade because it tastes better and I can control what oil/fat I use. So many use canola and other oils that are GMO or noted for not being as healthy as others.
- 6 oz pimentos plus juice or 1 large roasted red pepper if you’re into the scratch thing
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon pink fine ground salt
- 1.5 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1.5 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 3 dashes Louisiana Hot Sauce - You can use others such as Habanero or Sriracha if you like.
- 60 drops Maku hemp CBD oil
CBD-Infused Pimento Cheese Directions
- Combine cream cheese, pimento, mayonnaise, hot sauce, and seasonings.
- Fold cheese into this mixture.
- Enjoy! It’s that easy!
You’re now ready for some delicious sandwiches on your favorite bread. Sourdough for me! You can also enjoy this CBD-infused pimento cheese spread on crackers, cut vegetables, and even omelets.
Variations Of CBD-Infused Pimento Cheese
This dish is crazy versatile, so here are some fun variations.
If you like the heat and smokiness, add canned chipotle peppers. A dash of liquid smoke would work too.
Add mustard or mustard seeds for a completely different flavor profile. Don’t be afraid to mix the cheeses up. Monterey Jack, mozzarella and colby can be great additions.
Fresh fine diced onion or garlic to replace the granulated is nice.
Some people like Worcestershire sauce, while others add sugar. And people who enjoy more heat even add a dash of cayenne.
I think you get the hint that there are a lot of options out there. But one thing is absolutely sure: whatever version your family makes is the version!
Rock on, beautiful people. Smile when you’re making it and love while you're sharing it.
Follow our blog for more delicious CBD recipes.