This delicious CBD-infused French toast casserole is the perfect breakfast treat for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or a special birthday or anniversary.
Hang on folks, because this recipe is the absolute bomb!
What could possibly be better for breakfast than sweet bread bursting with blueberries, maple syrup and almonds? Uh, nothing.
This French toast is amazing and the Hawaiian rolls put a nice little twist on things. This is a perfect surprise for Mom — especially on Mother’s Day.
But it doesn’t even have to be your mom. It could be your wife, a mom at work, a neighbor mom. Just find a mom! You will be glad you did. This combination is simply amazing.
I have been making this for years now but recently infused it with CBD oil, adding natural health benefits for the mind and body. The results speak for themselves.
This is an easy one to share with love, so let's get started!
CBD-Infused French Toast Casserole Ingredients
- 1 large package (36 count) King’s Hawaiian rolls (you will need about 24 rolls)
- 1 small (12 oz) container mascarpone cheese
- 12 oz blueberries
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- 120 drops Maku hemp CBD oil (about 4 droppers full)
Almond/Pecan Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 ½ cup sliced almonds or chopped pecans
CBD-Infused French Toast Casserole Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Cut bread rolls into 1-inch cubes. Arrange 2/3 of the bread cubes in prepared baking dish and sprinkle evenly with fresh blueberries and small dabs of mascarpone (similar to ricotta on lasagna). Top with remaining bread cubes and press lightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and CBD oil.
- Whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Pour evenly over the casserole. Be sure to try to moisten the top layer. At this point you can cover the casserole and refrigerate overnight, or prepare the almond/pecan topping and bake immediately. Regardless, if you make it straight away or hold it overnight, it’s great either way.
- To prepare the topping: combine melted butter, brown sugar, almonds/pecans, and maple syrup in a small mixing bowl and stir thoroughly to combine. Sprinkle evenly atop casserole immediately before baking.
- Place in preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until casserole is puffed and golden brown on top. You can check the doneness by inserting a knife and looking at the moisture. Inside should be creamy but not egg wet.
- You may wish to broil the top briefly to further brown the crust, but it’s not necessary.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
If you're looking for the perfect drink to serve alongside, check out our CBD Bulletproof Coffee.
And just like that, you have a fantastic and delicious homemade meal to celebrate with the family and jumpstart the weekend!
Follow our blog for more delicious CBD recipes.