This classic hummus infused with CBD oil is quite healthy, pairs well with just about anything, and is perfect for sharing with the ones you love. Enjoy!
Some foods are just warming to the soul. And one of my favorites is hummus.
Plain hummus, garlic, red pepper, eggplant …. doesn’t matter. Love them all. They’re all great.
Hummus is a historic Middle Eastern dish that contains the great, warm spice cumin, along with a ground sesame seed paste called tahini. It’s an incredibly versatile dish and, again, incredibly delicious.
This specific hummus recipe makes for the perfect sharable dip. Even better, this classic hummus with CBD oil offers a lot of options for flavor and even greater possibilities for accompanying foods to dunk in it — pretzels, carrots, celery, whatever you want!
Besides being delicious, many of the ingredients have great health benefits. Cumin is great for the immune system. Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO for the Rachael Ray fans) is a healthy fat — especially when not cooked! Hot sauce is known to improve metabolism and aid in weight loss. And hemp CBD oil is perfect for bringing about relaxation and peace of body and mind (along with so many other benefits)!
All this talking about hummus is making me hungry. Let’s get started!
CBD Hummus Ingredients
- 1 15oz can chickpeas drained - You can also use 1 ½ cups cooked from dry, if you prefer.
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil - Divide the 2 tablespoons, so you’ll have individual tablespoons of EVOO.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil - If unavailable, add another tablespoon of EVOO.
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8th teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8th teaspoon paprika - Feel free to use whatever you prefer, sweet or smoked, it’s up to you!
- 1/8th teaspoon Louisiana Hot Sauce - This is my preferred hot sauce, but you can use something of similar consistency, like Crystal, Cholula, etc.
- 60 Drops Maku hemp CBD oil
CBD Hummus Directions
- Place all ingredients in food processor EXCEPT 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Blend to desired consistency. - Typically, the consistency here is very smooth.
- Use remaining olive oil to drizzle on hummus for service.
- Serve with pitas, pita chips, crackers or cut vegetables.
Bonus CBD Infused Recipe!
Because chickpeas are so delicious, here’s a second (super easy and tasty) recipe — crispy chickpeas for snacking!
- Grab a second can of chickpeas and drain them well.
- Toss with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add 20 drops of Maku.
- Season with a pinch each of the following: sea salt, pepper, granulated garlic, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper
- Place the seasoned chickpeas in an air fryer and cook until crispy.* This will take about 20 minutes, but check frequently after 12 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Chickpeas are done when crispy!
*If you don’t have an air fryer, they can be placed on parchment and put into the oven at 375. This method takes about 30-35 minutes. Stir occasionally. Again, they’re done when crispy!
These tasty little chickpeas make for an absolutely fabulous garnish to your CBD infused hummus, to salads, or simply as a snack by themselves!
I hope you enjoy these tasty treats! Remember to serve with a happy heart, a smiling face, and with loving intentions!
Follow our blog for more delicious CBD recipes.