What’s the only thing better than chocolate? Chocolate with CBD! Buckle up for this delicious recipe on how to make one of the best things in life even better.
Almost everyone loves it.
Usually not very good for you … until now.
Not only am I going to help you create a healthier alternative to chocolate, with no added sugar, but also a beneficial chocolate with CBD. And the best part is, this CBD chocolate only takes a few minutes of prep work.
Chocolate can be made so many different ways, and given a sweetness and slight bitterness through many different additives. But usually when you pick up a Hershey’s bar or some other big brand chocolate, some of the additives tend to be unhealthy.
The recipe below takes a few simple steps, and uses all natural ingredients! This will likely require a trip to a natural grocery store, such as Nature's Grocery.
Interestingly, I have not had luck finding the ingredients at Whole Foods; however I have at Trader Joe's and even online on Amazon.
Alrighty, let’s get cooking!
CBD Chocolate Ingredients
- 1 cup of cocoa butter* for edible or cooking purpose
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 60 drops (2 droppers) Maku hemp CBD oil
*Note: There is a topical cocoa butter, and this is not what you want. Of all the ingredients, this is the one thing you may struggle to find. As mentioned above, it is available at Trader Joe’s or at Nature’s Grocery as well as on Amazon.
CBD Chocolate Directions
- First, make a double boiler. You do this by taking a pot, and adding just a little bit of water to it, then placing a PYREX glass bowl on top of the pot.
- Add the cocoa butter to the bowl.
- Stir as the butter melts.
- Once your cocoa butter is melted, remove it from the heat.
- Add the CBD, honey, and vanilla to the melted butter.
- Add cocoa powder, and begin to stir.
- Stir until blended and smooth, then taste. Add more honey and vanilla as needed to bring it to the sweetness and bitterness you desire.
- Pour the liquid chocolate onto a cooking sheet with parchment paper on it. Parchment paper will prevent the chocolate from sticking to the sheet. I use a 9x10 cooking sheet for my pour, but any size will work. The size of the tray will determine how thick the chocolate bars are.
- Put the entire cookie sheet into the freezer for one hour, or until solid.
- Once the chocolate bar has solidified, you can break it into pieces, enjoy it, and move what you don’t eat in the first sitting into the fridge*!
*NOTE: It is very important, because there are no additives in this CBD chocolate, that it stays refrigerated. It will melt a lot faster than your general chocolate bar!
There you have it, your very own CBD chocolate. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s delicious! This home made chocolate recipe will satisfy your cravings, and dare I say it’s even good for you, thanks to the CBD. Enjoy!
Follow our blog for more delicious CBD recipes.