Looking for a superfood snack that's also super indulgent? This CBD chia pudding recipe will do just the trick.
Ch..ch..ch..chia! Oh my!
Here is one of my favorite “sweet” dishes that's suitable for sharing with a loved one or a group of adventurous culinary friends.
I love this chia pudding recipe with CBD because it's creamy but has texture, sweet but savory, healthy but indulgent.
Wow, I’m kind of all over the place but the bottom line is this is an amazing dish.
Chia seeds are an incredible source of fiber, good fats, and protein. Combine them with coconut and vanilla, balance it with pink salt and cinnamon, and then top it off with all the healthful benefits of hemp CBD oil, and you have a soulful treat that's Maku-mazing!
CBD Chia Pudding Ingredients
I prefer the specific ingredients below for health and flavor profile. If you cannot find or don’t want to use organic or specific listed items, others can be substituted.
- 1/3 cup - Organic heavy cream
- 1 5.4oz can - Organic coconut cream
- 1 13.5 oz can - Full fat organic coconut milk (carton coconut milk does not result in the same consistency – it can be used but the recipe must be adjusted)
- ¼ teaspoon - Himalayan pink salt
- 1 teaspoon - Ceylon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons - Organic vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup - Organic chia seeds (if the texture gets you, there is a ground version)
- 3 tablespoons - Swerve sweetener (you can sub powdered sugar if you like)
- 30 drops - Maku full spectrum hemp CBD oil (given the flavor profile, I've gone lighter with the CBD oil than I typically do - see below for more info)
CBD Chia Pudding Directions
- Place all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Make sure to distribute the chia seeds throughout the mix.
- Let sit for approximately two hours.
- Mix again and let set another two hours.
- You're ready to roll!
This recipe has so many variations too! It’s great as is above, but you can also flavor it with pumpkin spice, cacao powder, shaved coconut, peanut butter, matcha, or any other flavor your mind can conceive!
You can top it with your choice of fruit, nuts or granola. And you can serve it for breakfast, snack or dessert.
As I mentioned in the ingredients, I went light on the Maku because of the lightness of the original recipe. With the addition of cacao, matcha or other more substantial ingredients, the amount of Maku hemp CBD oil can be increased as it will hold up to the herbal nature.
Last, but never least, smile and enjoy with a happy heart!
Follow our blog for more delicious CBD recipes.