This CBD butter recipe makes for a gorgeous shallot Burgundy compound butter. Add it to steaks, salmon, or even vegetables — it's crazy versatile.
What’s old is new? Yep! You can see it in fashion, you can see it in home decorations, and you can even see it in food.
Many old school things are coming back. People are making bone broths, using pressure cookers, and even butter is back on the table. Grandma would be so proud! I, for one, am thrilled. I love scratch cooking, and at times will seek out recipe books from years gone by just for ideas and inspiration.
Butter was once a staple and then was vilified by the medical community. Recent research into what causes heart disease and obesity has not only taken it off of the no-no list, but grass-fed butter is now completely allowed in moderation.
There are few things a good pat of butter doesn’t make even better. But what about other flavors? How do we get the most out of our moderate addition of deliciousness?
When I started my culinary journey, I was given the task of making compound butters for topping steaks and chicken, and tossing in with vegetables and pastas. I absolutely love the variety of flavors possible and the ease of making and using butter in this way warms my heart.
So, what is a compound butter? In its simplest form, a compound is softened butter whipped with other ingredients to form a desired flavor profile.
In this super versatile and crazy good compound butter recipe we're talking aged balsamic, red wine, shallots, and CBD oil. Delicious to eat and it has natural benefits thanks to CBD oil? Yes, please!
Shallot Burgundy CBD Butter Ingredients
- 1 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup red wine*
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2 sticks salted grass-fed butter (like Kerrygold) at room temperature
- 30 drops Maku full-spectrum hemp CBD oil
*Pro tip: Make it drinkable! My favorites are Apothic Dark and FreakShow Cab.
Shallot Burgundy CBD Butter Directions
- Place balsamic vinegar, red wine, and shallots in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat and reduce this mixture to a near syrup consistency.
- Stir to keep from sticking or scorching.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place butter in a food processor along with reduction and CBD.
- Blend until well incorporated.
- Spoon onto a sheet of plastic wrap (or parchment if you are trying to reduce plastic usage).
- Wrap into a butter log just slightly wider than a stick of butter.
- Cut off what you need.
- Place remaining butter in fridge for future use.
And there you have it! This butter is amazing for topping just about any type of steak. Add cracked pepper and rosemary for amazing salmon. And while many vegetables are overpowered by red wines, mushrooms, parsnips, and root vegetables are exceptions, so toss away!
Another pro tip: smile while you’re making it. It will taste better! Serve it with an open heart and love deeply!
Follow our blog for more delicious CBD recipes.