Start your morning off right with a delicious cup of this CBD bulletproof coffee recipe from our very own Chef Dale!
Ok, so I’m a chef, right? If I were your stereotypical foodie one could assume I drink my body weight in coffee every day. Well, I hate stereotypes but am completely guilty as charged on this one!
There was once a point in time when I was drinking 6-8 cups of coffee a day. And that was with a lot of sugary and flavored creamers. You can only guess how that worked out long term. Not good.
It was time for a change, but there was no chance of me giving up my relationship with coffee. We go back way too far, and have shared so many fond memories — some relaxing, others energizing.
But what could I do?
For one, I spent some time with black coffee and grew to appreciate it. It is amazing how much of a coffee snob I became. Coffee had to be fresh and yes, I could tell the difference in beans. Light, dark, medium roasts — that’s not just fluff.
There really is a difference!
But still, something was missing. I was craving that rich and satisfying mouth feel that was missing in black coffee. I needed to fill the void that all my rich creamers left behind.
Enter my keto exploration, and the discovery of paleo bulletproof coffee! (Cue angels singing and rays of light shining from around my cup).
Seriously, this is a great cup.
The coffee comes through, and the healthy fats give a mouth feel that is simply amazing. CBD oil not only pairs well with the coffee and the fats, but it imparts a relaxation and enjoyment that is hard to match.
While I don’t drink coffee nearly as much as I used to, I enjoy this CBD-infused cup of coffee every single time I have it!
CBD Bulletproof Coffee Ingredients
- 8 oz fresh coffee — I prefer a French press, as it gives you the best flavor and there’s something calming about the ritual. But drip or Keurig is definitely ok too!
- 1 rounded teaspoon of grass-fed butter — For this, I like Kerrygold butter.
- 1 rounded teaspoon of organic coconut oil — If you prefer, you can use MCT oil instead of coconut oil.
- 1/2 dropper Maku CBD oil — This equals about 15 drops.
- Optional Ingredients: If you’re feeling extra creative, try adding some Swerve or another keto sweetener, dark chocolate, a dash of cinnamon or even some cardamom.
- First things first: brew your favorite amazing coffee. Again, I really enjoy using a French press, but drip, pour over, Keurig all work as well.
- Once your delicious coffee is ready, place 8 oz in a blender such as the Magic Bullet. You can also place it in a container to use an immersion blender. Be careful here, because it’s hot!
- Add butter, coconut oil, and CBD oil to the brewed coffee. If you’ve decided on a sweetener, chocolate, or cardamom now’s the time to add that too.
- Blend your coffee mixture for 15-20 seconds. It will foam up a little. The foam will add about 2 ounces in volume.
- If you choose, sprinkle a little cinnamon on top for a little extra flavor and a beautiful presentation.
- Pour yourself a warm cup and enjoy!
Follow our blog for more delicious CBD recipes.