This avocado chocolate mousse with CBD recipe is perfect for impressing friends and family with a deliciously decadent treat.
Let’s say you want to impress that special someone who happens to be on the keto diet. You know sugar is out. Carbs are out, too. So, what’s left?
Well, let’s look at what we can do rather than what we can’t.
Let’s hit a dessert that is full of superfoods, loaded with great fats, and is packed with brain healthy goodness!
Start off with chocolate. Quality dark chips are good, but raw cacao powder is better. Delicious chocolate that is elegant and has such a long history of being treasured puts you on the right track.
This superfood helps with blood flow, which is great for the brain. And avocado pairs so well with chocolate and hemp CBD oil. Talk about a perfect trio!
Just because we are sugar free here on the keto diet doesn’t mean we can’t sweeten it up. My go-to is erythritol (look for Swerve in the store). It gives you sweetness without sugar and nearly none of the aftertaste that other substitutes can leave. Best of all, it is not recognized as a sugar by the body. What a bonus!
So, let’s get ready for full on flavor and some serious good vibes!
CBD Avocado Chocolate Mousse Ingredients
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- Use one of the following: a) ½ cup chocolate chips melted, b) 1/3 cup cacao powder plus 1 tablespoon melted butter OR coconut oil
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Swerve sweetener (a pinch more if you use cacao instead of melted chocolate chips) - If you do choose to use sugar, it is a 1:1 substitute with Swerve
- 30 drops Maku hemp CBD oil
- Whipped cream (store bought is okay if you don’t have a whipped cream dispenser)
CBD Avocado Chocolate Mousse Directions
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT berries and whipped cream into a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Adjust sweetness to taste.
- If your mousse is a little thicker than you like, add a little more cream or milk.
- Place in decorative dessert piece and top with raspberries and blueberries.
- If you’re on the keto diet, remember to exercise moderation on the fruit!
- Top with whipped cream and you’re ready to roll.
Enjoy this lovely dessert knowing you just produced a decadent treat that is packed with superfoods, and is sure to impress everyone you know!
Follow our blog for more delicious CBD recipes.